Holomatrix Report

• You can purchase VIP and get premium in-game perks and benefits, and you support our community!

LucasRWilliams

Jun 18, 2019
NOTE: This is a mashup of logs on an alien holomatrix. Myself and Lieutenant Owens have been the primary officers investigating the holo-matrices. The holomatrix was created by aliens to investigate us in an environment we'd find familiar - trapping us here without us knowing it. The race has some connection to the Borg (there was a comm line between the Borg in S326 and the matrix in S329). Additionally, the original mission that led to this created copies of myself, Picard, La Forge, Welshman, and the cadets mentioned in the first log and put them into the holomatrix. However, they killed themselves on the Challenger, but when Owens (known as Obvious in some of the logs) and I investigated it, there was already a log by my duplicate in the simulated computer, and the simulated Challenger was as we left it, on Red Alert. The holomatrix likes to "suppress" outside forces that threaten its "integrity" - the belief of those trapped in it that it is real. It's a defense mechanism, that separates outsiders. These have been compiled into a report.

Log #1: By Lieutenant Lucas R Williams (February 10, 2019)
Personal Log Stardate... Doesn't Really Matter Yesterday, myself, Captains Picard and La Forge, Commander Welshman, and some of the cadets visited a planet with Borg on it in Sector 326. Luckily, we bypassed them and saw multiple switches booby-trapped with bombs. However, the second switch beamed us back to the Enterprise. Later on, I detected a low level comm line between Sector 326 and Sector 329. We visited Sector 326 and the planet was just as I remembered it. So, we decided to head to Sector 329 and detected a structure in space sending signals to and from Sector 326, and it looked almost like a holomatrix to sensors. Cremwan Obvious and I decided to beam over. When we did, we noticed we were on the Challenger, and it was at Red Alert. Obvious wasn't sure it wasn't another Sovereign-class vessel, but I knew it was the Challenger. When we got to the bridge, we realized we were in Sector 326, even though we beamed from the Enterprise in Sector 329. But the sensors on the Challenger said we were in orbit of the planet in Sector 326, and the Enterprise was too, compounded by the fact that I knew the Challenger was in Spacedock. Interestingly, the most recent ships log was in my voice! It was saying that the crew was dying and had been trapped in a simulation after getting to the Challenger. We then requested to be beamed back to the Enterprise, and luckily Commander McCoy got us back.

However, when we were about geared up to write reports and leave, I saw that the positional sensors reported we were near the Challenger in orbit of Sector 326. We were still on the holo-structure, in the simulated Enterprise! So, Obvious and I beamed back to the simulated Challenger and saw it was still on Red Alert, and then we saw an alien who wasn't supposed to be there. We began talking to him, and learned his name was Vendar. However, he didn't understand many of our terms and we didn't understand everything. Suddenly, Commander McCoy radioed us and said they were under attack by a Constitution-class starship and ordered us to beam back. I informed him that we were dealing with an unknown alien but his orders stood. I insisted we were under protest, but he ignored it. However, I decided that McCoy could have what he wanted, but so would I, this was important.

So, I informed him there were three to beam up - myself, Obvious, and the alien. We came back and soon the attack subsided and the aliens appeared on the ship. I asked to talk to McCoy in private and informed him that he was a simulation, as was the ship. I tried to point out that the Challenger couldn't be here. However, he probably assumed I had mutinous intentions or was mentally ill so he sedated me. However, I came back up and talked to Obvious, because I knew he would listen. However, McCoy informed Crewman Galen we were under arrest for mutiny. McCoy took Obvious to the brig, but with Vendar and the other alien on the bridge, I was chased around by Galen on the bridge and asked the aliens for help. Eventually, they decided to end the simulation and we were beamed back to the Enterprise's transporter pad with the real McCoy. Before leaving, the aliens told us they did this to learn about humanity. I theorize McCoy may not have done those same things in real life if I had said he wasn't real. He has a scientific mind and might have listened. However, the simulation didn't know what to do. I thought it had collected its data from us, and that was the end of it. But it wasn't. We came back. It didn't expect the real Williams and Obvious to show up. It tried to eliminate the threat to the data collection, potentially. After we came back, the holo readings from Sector 329 had faded.

Obvious and I agreed that no one would probably believe us but I know it happened, and so did he. Maybe I'll tell someone in person, like I have in this log. Welshman was with me on the original mission, as was La Forge, he might listen. McCoy might too, even though he wasn't on the first mission.
Log #2: By Lieutenant Lucas R. Williams (March 23, 2019)
Science Officer's Log While I was in command of the Enterprise, we found another holomatrix similar to the one Ensign Obvious and I encountered long ago. After Crewman Fang and I beamed aboard, we found we wereyet again on the Enterprise. After a while, the simulation tried to imprison us, but eventually cooperated and let us out. Now done with the fun report, now onto the science report.

SCIENCE REPORT ON NEW HOLO-TECHNOLOGY
ENSIGN LUCAS WILLIAMS, USS CHALLENGER
It seems that all of the holomatrices are independent identities, cube-shaped metallic structure around one cubic kilometer large. The technology is roughly similar to a holodeck, but much more advanced. While it was originally created by non corporeal beings as far as we know to study other life forms, but the simulation sometimes manifests itself negatively to try to force people to stay in the simulation and root out unknown and dangerous life forms. Functions simulate people.
It seems that all of the holomatrices are linked to an extent in terms of the worlds. For example, on the holomatrix recently visited, we saw the Challenger in sector F13C on the simulated long range sensors, right where it was in our previous visit to a holomatrix.

END REPORT

Modern Account: Captain Buckbeak, myself, and Lieutenant Obvious were recently trapped in a similar holomatrix, with the "leader" of the holomatrix (the alien who was conscious of this, not the Starfleet people who thought they were real but were really simulated) disguised as Commander Adway. However, we did escape.

Log Mashup: June 24, 2019: Lieutenant Owens and Williams
Lieutenant Owens
Personal Log Stardate unknown This may be the last time I ever send a message to the outside world. I've been trapped on the Challenger, at least I think its the Challenger, for something like 3 days. I'm not sure what's going on, but something is hunting me in here. It's been shaking the ship violently, and even managed to trigger red alert. The bridge is locked off. I don't know what to do. I've tried reactivating transporter controls, and hopefully I can get to the bridge like that. If that fails, I don't know what to do. Q help me, Lt Owens, Chief Science Officer, USS Enterprise

Lieutenant Owens
Update: It's getting closer, I can feel it stomping through the ship, its getting more powerful. [Loud explosions] "Asteroid impact. Proximity system offline!" Oh-- [Red alert alarm]

Lieutenant Williams
Science Officers Log
Stardate Unknown

After beaming into a simulation known as "SYSTEM" Lieutenant Owens was trapped in, I soon found myself trapped in my rescue attempt. While SYSTEM disquised itself as me, I came to a jumpy Owens and tried to help. The trusty old TARDIS came to our aid, but it too was part of SYSTEM and unable to help us, though I did attempt to fly her using skills I had accumulated (guessed), but simply crashed into the barrier of the simulation. However, using REDACTED we were able to escape to the Enterprise. This simulation is based on similar technology to the holomatrix Owens and I researched so long ago, likely branched off hundreds of years ago.
Please note that during the time of the final log, SYSTEM appeared to be damaged with phrases like "SYSTEM must be restored", "Hostile Element must be purged from SYSTEM", and "SYSTEM is damaged", among other similar phrases or variations.

Last edited:

LucasRWilliams

Jun 18, 2019
It does seem that the holomatrix is very powerful. For instance, it can route communications (we're on simulated Challenger, contacting real Enterprise, communication goes to simulated Enterprise instead) inside itself. The TARDIS and other last-resort technologies such as the Quantum Shifter should be able to penetrate the holomatrix, but even the TARDIS's navigation systems could be confused by the holomatrix (ex. a simulated time vortex or other obstacles to confuse the TARDIS), or the simulation could hide the real TARDIS and create a simulated one. Considering a potential Borg affiliation, the creators of this holomatrix seem to be very advanced. The Borg affiliation is known because a low-level transmission between Sector 326 (where we found the Borg) and Sector 329 was found on non-Borg frequencies but at transmission power only achieved by the Borg, from just before the away team beamed up a day before we discovered the holomatrix. Besides the holomatrix structure itself and the ship/planet/system it simulates, here are the three types of individuals partaking in this simulation.

• Participants: People such as myself or Owens, transported into this simulation. The simulation tries to convince us that it is real, so we're supposed to believe it is. Our reactions are gauged with certain stimuli.
  • Components: Holograms disguised as members of the participants species (or those they interact with). They believe they are real, until the Overseer takes control and uses the Components to isolate the Participants. Commander McCoy was a Component hologram in one of the simulations.
  • Overseers: The aliens such as Vendar that created this simulation, disguised as members of the participants species. We have only ever seen one Overseer, but they control the simulation and are aware of it, taking notes on our behavior - actions, reactions, with certain stimuli. They will attempt to isolate "hostile" elements - those who may expose the simulation as such.

- Lucas R Williams, Lieutenant, Sciences Division, USS Archangel