Trek Series Ranking

• You can purchase VIP and get premium in-game perks and benefits, and you support our community!

Aaron

Jun 18, 2019
Use this thread as your way to let everyone know your ranking of your favourite to least favourite Star trek series that you have watched. Reasons/comments are optional

Abbreviations (for the few who don't know) :
TOS: The Original Series
TMP: The Motion Pictures ( Kirk movies)
TNG: The Next Generation
DS9: Deep Space Nine
VOY: Star Trek Voyager
ENT: Star Trek Enterprise
DIS/ DISCO: Star Trek Discovery

My Rankings:

1.TNG - Grew up with this series, had every VHS when I was a kid. So there is no way any other series could be 1st for me.
2. DISCO: 1st season could have been better , but second season is one of , if not the best Trek season I've seen. Huge potential for the future
3. VOY: Had it's bumps , however I really enjoyed the concept and was the second Trek show I watched after TNG. So nostalgia helps me to enjoy this.
4. DS9: Still haven't finished this yet, may rise up the list when I do.
5. ENT: Saw various re-runs which I didn't really enjoy and the last episode was a bit of a meme. Still had it's good moments.
6.TOS: Never watched it

Please share your own below !!

Last edited:

ThePicard

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 17, 2019
My view might be a bit narrow when it comes to ranking but here's the classification based on the series I've watched.

1. TNG - It had the best stories and characters, and it was the most adventurous, action-packed, and thrillful of them all!
2. [Insert a series that I haven't watched]
3. [Insert a series that I haven't watched]
4. TOS - The ship was very iconic, but frankly my opinion is that the stories were usually a bit cringy. The show was filmed in the 60s, so I'll give it some leeway, but objectively I'm not its biggest fan. It did have a few good episodes but not as many as TNG.

Emrys Himnda

Jun 18, 2019
Hey Aaron, Might want to add TMP - The Motion Pictures, in there, they are the Kirk Movies ;)

1. TNG - My first ever Startrek.
  2. DSC - Love the Stroylines and ships
  3. TOS - Constitution Class <3
  4. TMP - Love specifically "The Voyage Home" and the Uniforms
  5. ENT - Love the NX Class Enterprise (probably my absolute favourite ship of all time!!!!!)
  6. VOY - Like the story and Intrepid Class.
  7. DS9 -Not my favouite but good none the less.

Enigma

Jun 19, 2019
Germany
IĀ“ve watched all of Trek excluding DISCO ( currently at S01E09) but i might as well throw it in there anyways.
Also you could add The Animated Series TAS to the list.
IĀ“ve excluded all the films.

1. TNG - This was what got me into Trek initially
2. TOS - I mean ... it is the original after all
3. VOY - I do not know why everyone hated it - didnĀ“t like the Kazon though
4. ENT - Until DISCO the most modern ST so bonus points for that
5. DISCO - The special efffects and new idea of ST are amazing altough it does not (yet) feel very Trekkie
6. DS9 - In the later seasons it was just too slow for me - the plot was kind of lame
7. TAS - Not my kind of show

LucasRWilliams

Jun 18, 2019
Definitely I'm a younger viewer but I've watched all the series since I was a whole lot younger (all on DVD, mostly) so my ranking is as follows
1.) DS9 -- The initial plots weren't super interesting to me but as characters like Odo and Garak developed with the overarching Dominion War story, it got more interesting. Sisko being the Emissary was interesting too.

2.) VOY -- Developed a lot of interesing characters like Tom, Tuvok, and Seven. Awesome finale too, and the premise of being stuck far from home with no support was interesting, but downplayed somewhat by Neelix, who knew the territory. Don't know why everyone disliked it.

3.) TNG -- Plenty of interesting stories and characters, with great acting to back it up. Not much of an overarching story like DS9, but it was pretty good. Same basic formula as TOS, but shook up a little bit.

4.) TOS -- The classic. Still great acting, but the stories and SFX were more cheesy than TNG. Still, I cut it some slack and get some good laughs from it.

5.) TAS -- Surprisingly interesting, and the stories were good. SFX weren't great, but it was the 70s, so I cut it a break, and it was lower budget than TOS. Good continuation of that story, documenting the era towards the end of the original Enterprise's five year mission.

6.) DISCO -- Not really my kind of show. The SFX were neat, but it was set so close to TOS it wasn't that interesting from the premise perspective. Nice to see Pike again, but the stories weren't amazing. The Four Years War was never mentioned in TOS, but was in Axanar and some FASA material from the 80s.

7.) ENT - Also nice SFX, just like the TNG movies. But the stories weren't great, and the acting was just average (a smidge above average at best).

Lt.Toast

Jun 18, 2019
Use 9this thread as your way to let everyone know your ranking of your favourite to least favourite Star trek series that you have watched. Reasons/comments are optional

Abbreviations (for the few who don't know) :
TOS: The Original Series
TMP: The Motion Pictures ( Kirk movies)
TNG: The Next Generation
DS9: Deep Space Nine
VOY: Star Trek Voyager
ENT: Star Trek Enterprise
DIS/ DISCO: Star Trek Discovery

My Rankings:

1.TNG - Grew up with this series, had every VHS when I was a kid. So there is no way any other series could be 1st for me.
2. DISCO: 1st season could have been better , but second season is one of , if not the best Trek season I've seen. Huge potential for the future
3. VOY: Had it's bumps , however I really enjoyed the concept and was the second Trek show I watched after TNG. So nostalgia helps me to enjoy this.
4. DS9: Still haven't finished this yet, may rise up the list when I do.
5. ENT: Saw various re-runs which I didn't really enjoy and the last episode was a bit of a meme. Still had it's good moments.
6.TOS: Never watched it

Please share your own below !!
1.VOY
2.TNG
3.DS9
4.TMP
5.TOS
6.ENT
7.DIS